Maybe a break? Maybe not?


Weird title, I know...

So if you've followed my blog for a while you probably know that writing is my therapy. I write when I'm happy. I write when I'm upset. I write to make sense of things. I write even when things don't make sense...

Right now, a lot of things in my life, and about me, don't make sense. So in order to preserve the rapidly dwindling supply of spoons that I possess, I'm taking a break from a lot of things that I love. Certain groups, certain activities, social media. Too bad I can't take a break from work too (these bills aren't going to pay themselves, though). And obviously I still have family responsibilities to attend to (moms never get a day off). But anything that I don't HAVE to do, for the most part I'm not doing.

Writing, however, has never really fallen into any true category. It isn't something that I am required to do; it's something that I do because it's a part of me. In some ways, I can't imagine myself not writing any more than I can imagine myself not breathing. But I don't know if words will come to me or not. My mind is so overwhelmed and overflowing. Maybe it would be of benefit to calm it down for a little while, let it go silent.

I'm not sure yet. Usually even when I step away from everything else I still might produce some written material. It is my first language after all. But right now I don't know if I will do so or not. I might need a little break from that too. You'll know if you don't see any new posts from me for a while. I'll let you know when I know myself, lol.

Thanks for your support!

Image result for a break from life
Image is a black and white meme with text that states "Just need a break from life" in white letters over a snowy background with leafless trees. Photo credit: Love this Pic dot com

Comments

Popular Posts